Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Nursery

The nursery is almost finished. Since we live in an apartment, there is only so much we can do but I think it's pretty cute.



Yes, the ugly Ikea futon is in the nursery. I've been trying to get rid of it for years but it actually has been pretty handy. The curtains are Gingham Blackout Shades from Potterybarn Kids.


I found this curtain rod at Target for $20.


The crib is the Munire Urban Lifetime Convertible Crib and will be converted into a toddler bed and eventually a twin bed (thanks Mom & Scott!). The bedding is from the Daisy Garden collection at Potterybarn Kids. I bought the name letters at a craft store and painted them myself.


I couldn't find a glider I liked that wasn't over $500 so we got the Poang Rocking Chair from Ikea. It's really comfortable and great for nursing.


The changing table is from Babies R Us but we got it off of Craigslist for $40. Bargain! The white wicker dresser is from my old bedroom set.

Next, I want to purchase a bookshelf for all of Madeleine's books. I'm thinking this one...


or how cute is this one...


I also found these customizable posters on redenvelope.com. I just can't decide which one I like better. This one...


or this one...


Feel free to leave a comment and let me know which one you like best.

4 comments:

  1. Shan! I love the letters and am so proud of you for painting them yourself :) Also love that you're using the dresser from your old room. I think the house bookshelf is fabulous!!! XOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nursery looks great Shanna! Love the colors :)
    I like the bookshelf that looks like a house and the Princess custom art.
    Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Hope to see you all soon as well! Definitely this Spring!

      Delete