Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Birth Story

Madeleine Revelle Thomson - January 22, 2012 at 11:19 p.m.
7 lbs. 5 oz. - 19 3/4 in. 


On Sunday, January 22 my water broke around 5:30 p.m. We called the on-call doctor who told us to go to the hospital immediately. Cameron and I were both pretty calm but Riley seemed to realize something was wrong and didn't want to let me out of his sight. He reluctantly went on a walk with Cameron while I finished collecting my things. 

We arrived at the hospital around 6:30 p.m. and they checked to make sure my water really did break before hooking me up to an IV and starting the Pitocin. The contractions began right away and about 2 hours later I had already dilated to 5 cm. This meant that I could get an epidural - YAY! Once I had the epidural, I was completely pain free and after about an hour I was already 9 cm. I started pushing around 10 p.m. and by 11:19 p.m. Madeleine was here! Fast, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment